13 October 2009

Sunday in Wendel, Tuesday in Glasgow

WNDL have a logo. This is it.
Wendel is a cool wee cafe at 42 Schlesische Strasse in Kreuzberg. They do a mean hot chocolate and a nice cup of Kräuter Tee. Add a kick ass jazz band, and you have the perfect way to unwind after a hectic weekend of intense musical exercise.

The band was Tré from Zurich, and I bought their album;

Album cover for Fundamental Music by Tré


I'm back in Glasgow now, and I'm barely afloat, swimming in new music. I have records, CDs and about a million things on various other digital formats to wade through. I've been at it for hours, and I haven't even touched the live recordings we made at the festival, or the stuff I was writing while away. I feel like Scrooge McDuck in a vault of sound.

Feels good, man.

More later, for sure.
For now, I think I'm going to get into my Netaudio panel-mate Andrew Dubber's book, The 20 Things You Must Know About Music Online.

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment